Tessa Munt is looking for an experienced office manager to run her very busy Somerset and Westminster offices, ensuring her constituents receive an excellent and professional service from their MP.
The office manager will be responsible for managing all staff and overseeing all operations relating to the work of an MP. This includes, but is not limited to managing budgets, incoming and outgoing correspondence, research, and personal and policy casework.
The ideal candidate will need to relish working in a high pressured, fast-changing environment and be an excellent problem-solver.
The post is based in Tessa’s Somerset office.
- Ensuring queries and casework from Tessa’s constituents are dealt with by the team in a sensitive, confidential and prompt manner to the highest standards of customer care, and that all records are kept or destroyed in accordance with data protection principles.
- Setting out and managing the priorities for the team from week-to-week and ensuring they are delivered. Supervising Tessa’s team members daily including delegating workloads.
- Ensuring Tessa has a full range of administrative support and that the team deals with telephone, correspondence and visitor enquiries. Dealing with escalated enquiries from members of the public.
- Keeping a daily grasp of current affairs locally and nationally and ensuring the team is up-to-date and responds accordingly.
- Overseeing Tessa’s diary commitments. Co-ordinating and managing VIP visits.
- Ensuring the operation of the office is within the allocated Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority budget. Overseeing the budget for the office including expenditure under the Employer’s Expenses Scheme, monitoring office expenditure, paying bills and invoices; keeping records of all transactions.
- Ensuring that the IPSA, the Electoral Commission and the Registrar of the House of Commons are notified of any relevant matters as and when necessary. Maintaining Tessa’s Declarations of Interest and online list of gifts.
- Using efficient data and file management processes. Ensuring the office is fully equipped and office supplies are maintained. Using the Microsoft Office package, email and internet to draft letters, correspondence and reports; setting up and maintaining spreadsheets and databases and undertaking research.
- Dealing with personnel and staffing issues. Ensuring accurate and updated personnel records are kept, including contracts of employment and job descriptions, salary details, hours of work (including attendance, annual leave, sickness absence), monitoring staff performance and handling grievance, disciplinary and performance matters in the first instance.
- Liaising with the local party and the campaigns organiser.
Key skills and attributes:
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Confidence when dealing with members of the public and great customer care skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- An ability to make decisions in a high pressure environment
- An energetic, positive and ‘can do’ approach to life
- A good sense of humour
Details on how to apply can be found at: http://www.w4mpjobs.org/JobDetails.aspx?jobid=45600
12th May 2015