Tessa Munt, MP for Wells is backing the fight against breast cancer by taking part in Breast Cancer Campaign’s award winning fundraiser, wear it pink day – and wants local people to join her.
Now in its tenth year, wear it pink, on Friday 26 October 2012 will see supporters from all over the country in schools, colleges and businesses embracing the event’s new theme, superheroes.
Breast Cancer Campaign is asking everyone to pull on something pink and donate £2.00, whether it’s a superhero cape, pink socks or pink pants you wear over your tights, you can help the charity achieve its target of raising £2 million, so they can continue to fund ground-breaking research.
Tessa says “Every year in the UK, around 48,000 women and 340 men are diagnosed with breast cancer. This is why we all need to support wear it pink day on 26 October, so that Breast Cancer Campaign can continue to fund research which will one day lead to a cure.”
To take part in the UK’s original and best pink day visit wearitpink.co.uk and register to receive your free fundraising pack now.
19th September 2012
Notes to Editors
- Breast Cancer Campaign aims to beat breast cancer by funding innovative world-class research to understand how breast cancer develops, leading to improved diagnosis, treatment, prevention and cure
- The Breast Cancer Campaign Tissue Bank, the UK’s first ever national breast cancer tissue bank is a unique collaboration with four leading research institutions to create a vital resource of breast cancer tissue for researchers across the UK and Ireland. Visit breastcancertissuebank.org
- The charity currently funds 91 projects worth over £15.5 million in 35 locations across the UK and Ireland
- Breast cancer is the most common cancer in the UK and accounts for nearly one in three of all cancers in women
- In the UK, around 48,000 new cases of breast cancer are diagnosed each year – that’s 130 a day
- Visit breastcancercampaign.org or follow us on twitter.com/bccampaign
For more media information please contact:
Claire Learner, Media Relations Manager
DD 0207 749 3705